Long story short, I woke up extra early this morning to run an errand before work and while driving I ran over something that had a malevolent intention of destroying one of my tires. Of course, my tire light immediately illuminated and I found myself racing home before I began driving erratically on the rim. I have no idea what I hit or how it happened, and that’s really not the point I suppose… however if I had the time and guts to run around in traffic I would love to walk up and down Sante Fe to find whatever I ran over. Needless to say, I found myself working from home today and as 12:00pm rolled around my stomach was in need of some fuel. I’ll be honest with you, I’m not much of a grocery shopper. If I find a recipe I like I go to the store and buy the needed ingredients. I by no means have a stocked kitchen. Without a car, and with my stomach growling I opened the fridge and what did I find? Of course, some bacon. (If you had to guess, please read the “about” section on my blog.) What I made for lunch wasn’t fancy, and some might be bold enough to call my shredded cheese substitution a bit redneck… but hey, it still tasted fantastic!
Grilled Shredded Cheese and Bacon Sandwich
This Grilled Shredded Cheese and Bacon Sandwich may be a little unconventional, but it still delivers a delicious taste!
- 2 strips of bacon
- 2 slices of bread
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheese (I would normally recommend sliced cheese, but my fridge wasn't carrying it today)
- I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray (I didn't want to go through the process of melting butter)
- 2 Pans, one for bacon and one for the sandwich
- Cook the strips of bacon in a large pan.
- Spray each slice of bread with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter and lightly toast each side in the second pan on medium heat.
- Once both slices of bread are lightly toasted, sprinkle the shredded cheese over each slice and slightly turn up the head to ensure the cheese melts.
- Break the strips of bacon into halves and place over the melted cheese.
- Put your sandwich together and eat while it's hot.
I love love love tomatoes, and would highly recommend either adding slices of tomatoes to the sandwich or pairing it with delicious tomato soup. You can't go wrong either way!
Also, Matt wasn't around to taste the sandwich so I gave it a rating for him. I think he'd agree this is a 3 star meal, but that's only because nothing has compared to the five star Bacon Jalapeño Poppers!